Our Mini Piada are the smaller version of our larger Piada flatbreads, made with the same simple, clean ingredients but with smaller hands and light meals in mind. They are delicious, versatile and fun making them perfect for a lunch box or a summer dinner party!
Give this fresh and light recipe a try for a taste of the Italian summer:
2 packs of Crosta & Mollica Mini Piada
200g broad beans (frozen or fresh but podded)
100g+ Pecorini cheese (to shave)
1 small handful mint leaves
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp rock salt or salt flakes
½ lemon juice
Preparation time: 10 mins
Total time required: 10mins
- Bring a pan of water to boil on the stove and add a sprinkle of salt.
- Once boiling, add the broad beans to the water and cook for around 3 minutes until they are slightly softer. If you are cooking from frozen then keep them cooking for 6 minutes.
- Drain the broad beans and place to one side in a bowl of cold water to chill.
- Place the Crosta & Mollica Mini Piada in a hot dry frying pan for 1 minute on each side or put in a preheated oven at 180°C (or gas mark 4) for 3 minutes.
- Whilst the Piada is warming, use a knife or vegetable peeler to make shavings of the Pecorino cheese. Make as many shavings as you would like to add to your broad beans.
- Gently wash the mint leaves.
- Remove the heated Piada from the pan or oven and place on a plate or chopping board ready to be served.
- Drain the broad beans once again, drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with rock salt. Tear up a few mint leaves, add to the bowl and give the beans a good stir.
- Add in the Pecorino shavings and stir once again.
Serve the broad beans and Mini Piada together. Fill the warm Mini Piada with a few spoons of broad beans, add some extra cheese if wanted, fold and enjoy!